21 days of worship and prayer
WEEK 1 : JANUARY 2nd - 10th
No Meats, No Sweets
Our fast is 24 hours a day from January 2nd to January 22nd
Week 1: January 2nd - 10th
No Meats, No Sweets
Prayer and Worship Schedule
Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Fri From 7:00 to 8:00 pm
3600 New York Avenue, NE
Washington, DC 20002
We will be providing transportation to and from the Brookland Metro Station (Red Line) and the bus stop at NE Bladensburg Rd & NE Queens Chapel Rd (directly in front of the Transit Employees Federal Credit Union-TEFCU). starting at 6:15-6:50. Transportation back to the station will begin as soon as the service is over.
* Our Family Life Bible Study will continue to be held on Tuesdays at 7:00 pm *
2016, RESET, REBOOT, RENEW
This is the season and the time for your vision to manifest. IT'S YOUR TIME, YOUR TURN, YOUR SEASON to Reset, Reboot, and Renew as we corporately fast AND walk in the tangible presence of God! God will do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us. Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen!
21 Day Daniel Fast Instructions
The purpose of this fast is to foster a closer walk with the Lord. The word says that if we draw closer to God He will draw closer to us. Come out to prayer each evening at 7pm to get before God and hear what He's saying to the Body of Christ. We know that the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much. Purpose in your heart that you will use this time to cleanse your body and your mind.
“But Daniel purposed in his heart that he would not defile himself with the portion of the king's meat, nor with the wine which he drank: therefore he requested of the prince of the eunuchs that he might not defile himself.”
Daniel 1:8 KJV
"In those days I, Daniel was mourning for three whole weeks. I ate no pleasant or desirable food, nor did any meat or wine come into my mouth, and I did not anoint myself at all for the full three weeks.” Daniel 10:2-3 AMP
A few helpful tips to guide you in your time of fasting:
1. Keep a prayer journal. Write out your prayers and scriptures you're standing on. Share your testimonies with family and friends as the prayers are answered.
2. Read the New Testament and focus on God. As God provide you with revelation from your reading write it down and date it. A reading guide has been provided to assist you each day.
3. Use the time to disconnect from social media, television, radio(other than Christian), games, books other than the Word of God(Unless it's school or work related. Remember this is a sacrifice).
4. Drink plenty of water at all times. Use the food list guide to assist you as you plan your meals. Remember the focus is not the food. It is about your life being changed forever because of this time spent in the presence of God.